Year of Publication: 2017
Author(s) : Peter Scanlon, Ahmed Sallam
A Practical Manual of Diabetic Retinopathy Management, 2nd edition
Peter Scanlon, Consultant Ophthalmologist, Gloucestershire and Oxford Eye Units; Senior Research Fellow, Harris Manchester College, University of Oxford; Visiting Professor of Medical Ophthalmology, University of Gloucestershire, UK
Ahmed Sallam, MD, PhD, FRCOphth, Jones Eye Institute, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, USA
Peter van Wijngaarden, Centre for Eye Research Australia, Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital, Australia; Ophthalmology, Department of Surgery, University of Melbourne, Australia
The incidence of diabetes is increasing worldwide at an alarming rate, and diabetic retinopathy is one of the most significant complications of diabetes. Packed with outstanding retinal photos, the second edition of this one-stop clinical manual offers a comprehensive overview of the diagnosis, treatment and long–term management of patients with diabetic eye disease.
• Over 550 high-quality images including over 300 full colour high definition retinal photographs showing various stages of eye disease
• A companion website with all images available to download
• Two brand new chapters on cutting-edge imaging techniques and cataract surgery
• Recent changes in the treatment of diabetic maculopathy including the use of intravitreal injections of VEG F inhibitors.
• Numerous real-life case histories to enliven the text
Edited and authored by world-renowned experts from leading centres of excellence, A Practical Manual of Diabetic Retinopathy Management presents evidence-based guidance relevant for a global audience of health-care professionals, including diabetologists, ophthalmologists, retinal screeners, optometrists, ophthalmic nurses, GPs, and medical students.