Year of Publication: 2020
Author(s) : Lois Schick Pamela Windle
Prepare to succeed on the CPAN® and CAPA® exams with this authoritative guide from ASPAN! PeriAnesthesia Nursing Core Curriculum, 4th Edition is a comprehensive reference that helps you care for patients before and after anesthesia in all types of settings. Coverage of the full scope of perianesthesia nursing makes it an ideal resource for both inpatient and outpatient care. To keep you current on the many facets of perianesthesia, this edition also describes the newest advances in interventional radiology, robotics, and endoscopy procedures. Written by the American Society of PeriAnesthesia Nurses (ASPAN) and edited by respected perianesthesia nurses Lois Schick and Pam Windle, this book will help you build the skills and expertise you need to excel on your certification exam and in practice.
• Perianesthesia Complications chapter now appears after the System Competencies section to quickly display complications for all system competencies in one spot to help you find this vital information easily.
• System Competencies chapters have been updated to focus on specific, non-redundant topics to help you grasp key points right away.
• UPDATED! Certification of Perianesthesia Nurses and Testing Concepts and Strategies appendicies provide helpful tools for CPAN® or CAPA® certification to assist you to prepare for these exams.
• This authoritative guide written by ASPAN covers the full scope of perianesthesia practice to help you prepare to succeed in practice and on the CPAN® and CAPA® exams.
• Easy-to-use outline format serves as a quick review and reference.
• Objectives at the beginning of each chapter focus on key content to allow you to use the book more effectively.
• Plentiful boxes, tables and illustrations highlight important references to ensure you get the most out of the book’s mutifaceted topics.
• A bibliography at the end of every chapter provides additional resources to make it easy for you to research at an in-depth level.