Broward Health to Construct New Freestanding Emergency Department in Florida, USA
Broward Health plans for the construction of new freestanding emergency department in USA.
This facility will be fully equipped to offer a comprehensive range of emergency medical services, with adult emergency care.
One of the advantages of a freestanding emergency department is its potential for shorter discharge times. On average, patients can expect a quicker discharge, typically between 90 to 120 minutes, compared to the longer wait times often experienced in a traditional hospital-based emergency department, which can average around 220 minutes.
The medical services that will be available at the new freestanding emergency department.
• The facility will be staffed by experienced and board-certified emergency medicine physicians, ensuring that patients receive high-quality care from trained professionals.
• The freestanding emergency department will operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, providing continuous access to emergency medical care whenever it is needed.
• The facility will offer specialised care for paediatric patients.
• The facility will be equipped with advanced diagnostic and radiology services, including mammography, ultrasound, CT scans, bone density scans, and plain X-rays. These services will aid in accurate and timely diagnosis and treatment..
• Provides convenient access, ensuring that they can receive high-quality treatment across a wide range of medical specialities as needed.
The construction of the new freestanding emergency department is anticipated to conclude in early 2025.
Name Broward Health
Type New Construction