Memorial Hospital announce it will embark on a $23 million expansion project of the main Emergency Department to meet the community's growing need for additional access to ER services in Jacksonville, Florida.
The multi-phase expansion project is scheduled to begin at the beginning of 2017 and is expected to take approximately 18-24 months to complete.
The project includes:
• Addition of approximately 23,000 square feet of new building construction
• Renovation of existing main ED
• Relocation of the pediatric ER rooms, entrance and waiting area to the main ER building
• Construction of a new rooftop helipad
• Reconfigured parking for patients, visitors and staff
• Expanded and remodeled entryway to unite all adult and pediatric ER services under one roof
Currently, ExpressCare and ExpressKids, the fast-track areas of the emergency department, are located across the ER parking lot. Once the project is complete, all ER services will be united under one roof, which will streamline care for patients and staff.
|Type||Emergency Department Expansion|
|Estimated Cost||$23 Million|