Mercy invests US$500 million for the expansion of healthcare with the addition of state-of-the-art cancer center. The healthcare expansion will be located in Northwest Arkansas.
The project features a state-of-the-art cancer center, emergency department and isolation room expansion, extra clinic locations, more outpatient care facilities. The addition of these new patients care facilities and locations will double the existing number of primary care physicians and specialists.
In 2016, US$300 million phase one, included the construction of a 275,000-square-foot patient tower, 1,000 new primary care and specialty clinics in Benton and Washington counties.
The next phase of the project expansion includes
• A state-of-the-art cancer center
• Addition of 100 primary care physicians and specialists
• An expanded emergency department
• Isolation rooms expansion
• Including the top floors of the hospital to increase the number of patient beds to nearly 400
• New clinic locations
• Expanding the services in primary care, neuroscience, emergency, women’s and children’s, orthopedics, gastroenterology and behavioral health
• Addition of new ambulatory offerings to include urgent care, infusion and imaging