Northern Westchester Hospital to Expand its Surgical Services
Northern Westchester Hospital receives US$500k gift to expand the hospital’s surgical, and cardiac post anaesthesia care unit (PACU).
This expansion of surgical services brings advanced healthcare closer to home and also greatly bolsters hospital's capabilities in advanced surgical procedures and cardiac care at the Seema Boesky Heart Centre.
The newly designed post-anaesthesia care unit (PACU) is designed to cater to a diverse range of post-surgical patients, including those in recovery from neurosurgery, orthopaedics, bariatric, and thoracic surgeries. Additionally, it accommodates patients undergoing complex cardiac catheterisation and electrophysiology procedures.
The expanded PACU seamlessly integrates with the existing unit, offering a host of enhanced features:
- 13 additional recovery bays to provide care for more patients efficiently
- A cutting-edge operating room control room that ensures precision and efficiency in surgical procedures
- An isolation room for patients with specialised medical needs
- Two new nurse workstations to facilitate optimal care coordination
- Dedicated spaces for supply management, storage, and medication distribution to ensure seamless patient care
- Ancillary support areas to enhance the overall patient experience
This expansion of surgical services, offers advanced healthcare, close to home without the burden of travel and associated stress.
Name Northern Westchester Hospital