Publisher: Academic Press
Year of Publication: 2016
Author(s) : Balocco, Zuluaga, Zahnd, Lee, Demirci
This book presents imaging, treatment and computed assisted technological techniques for diagnostic and intraoperative vascular imaging and stenting. These techniques offer increasingly useful information on vascular anatomy and function, and are poised to have a dramatic impact on the diagnosis, analysis, modeling, and treatment of vascular diseases.
After setting out the technical and clinical challenges of vascular imaging and stenting, this book gives a concise overview of the basics before presenting state-of-the-art methods for solving these challenges.
The reader will learn:
• The main challenges in endovascular procedures
• New applications of intravascular imaging
• The latest advances in computer assisted stenting
• Brings together scientific researchers, medical experts and industry partners working in the field of endovascular imaging and stenting procedures within different anatomical regions
• An introduction to the clinical workflow and current challenges in endovascular Interventions
• A review of the state-of-the-art methodologies in endovascular imaging and their applications
• Presents outstanding questions still to be solved and discusses future research