Inova Loudoun Hospital to begin the renovation and expansion of its award-winning Lansdowne Campus Emergency Room. In addition, it was announced that beginning October 1, the hospital is advancing the level of ER care by pursuing implementation of Level III Trauma capabilities.
This Level III Trauma center will be the first trauma center in Loudoun County.The new facility will be named the Inova Virts Miller Family Emergency and Trauma Center at Inova Loudoun Hospital.
The new state-of-the-art Inova Virts Miller Family Emergency and Trauma Center will support the emergency medicine team and EMS system with a larger, more efficient design, and faster connections to care for patients. Enhancements include:
• new state-of-the-art trauma room
• increased treatment area by 25%
• addition of 8 new all-private treatment rooms for a total of 34 adult treatment rooms
• addition of a treatment room in the children’s ER for a total of 12 children treatment rooms
• improved ambulance access
• bedside registration to convert wait time into diagnostic and treatment time
• new “fast track” rooms to treat less serious injuries
• new cardiac emergency rooms
• better flow and wayfinding for patients
• children’s triage area
• state of the art nursing station with improved patient visibility
• better integration and flow between adult and pediatric ER
• additional restroom facilities
• redesigned patient and visitor reception areas
• enhanced family consultation room and EMS work room
• additional behavioral health room and upgrading current one
These improvements will allow patients to receive care more quickly and spend less time in the ER. The project will be completed in the last quarter of 2017.
|Name||Inova Loudoun Hospital|
|Location||Loudoun County, Virginia|
|Estimated Cost||$5 Million|